[Rhodes22-list] da List status

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Apr 11 10:24:17 EDT 2016

To my patient Rhodes22 friends,

It appears that, after being "in irons" and a few jibes last week, da list
appears to be on a reach and all should much smoother sailing from here on
(fingers crossed).  As sailors, we are used to the uncertainty of the winds.

For those who are interested, we are now on an Amazon.com based server.  As
long as Amazon is around, we will have a home.  Amazon Web Services (AWS) is
a huge network of servers built for the demands of internet shopping.  When
not in their season, they have a lot of inactive processing power that has
been made available to us at little or no cost through their Free Tier AWS
EC2 program.  If we stay within their modest parameters, the first year is
free.  The system continuously monitors our current usage and demands.
After several months of operation, we should be able to determine the best
long term solution for housing da list.  If there are significant costs
involved, we will deal with that as appropriate.

Those who are interested in changing the static format of the rhodes22.org
website AND HAVE EXPERIENCE (or have the time to learn), may propose
alternate content management systems.  I will help with the server side of
any changes but do not have time to devote to content management other than
administrative. I would rather be sailing, at least during the next 7 to 8
months.

Thank you for your patience as we moved to the new server.

Fair winds,

Mike

s/v Windlass ('91)

Nissequogue River, NY