[Rhodes22-list] Swing keel help

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Tue Apr 19 11:02:31 EDT 2016

I just want to chime in w my info on my 81 c/b restoration job.
I posted the entire job on the Rhodes22 OWNERS site.  Its readable as a pdf
file w illustrations.  Roger Pihlaja helped me write the text especially the
parts about the chemistry of cement and how it can impede the board travel
if the trunk swells like mine did.

http://www.rhodes22.org/rhodes/r22boardtrunk.pdf

I would second all the remarks about getting the boat on stands.  No serious
repairs can be made to the trunk, CB when on the trailer.

feel free to ask questions no matter how mundane they may seem.  This is a
tough job. IT took me a full year to restore mine but its been worth it!

My 81 sails upwind nicely w the board 3/4 down!
Lou
sv Miracles
on the hard in Mill Basin, Brooklyn