[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

Mark Olson Mark-Olson at verizon.net
Wed Aug 3 16:26:57 EDT 2016

I followed the measurements - with the correction and everything worked out
perfectly.  I did make one modification - I made the bunks swivel a few
degrees.  I did this by making a heavy bracket and making oversized holes.
The trailer fit the boat perfectly; like a glove.  We hauled the boat from
Port Jefferson Long Island to Nyack New York and had no issues.

It wasn't a long haul but there was a lot of traffic, lots of pot holes and
most of the roads don't have a place to pull over if you break down.  I was
also glad I put new brakes on.  We did need them a couple times.  I replaced
the hydraulic ones - I didn't do electric.

I made the bunks 140" long and didn't have any denting of the hull.

Thanks very much everyone for your help.

Mark Olson