[Rhodes22-list] Thinking Ahead

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed Aug 10 21:16:42 EDT 2016

Joe:
I think it is more work to do what you suggest than it is to remove the setee seat. Ultimately you need to remove the setee seat but you also have to remove the center box over the keel and then most of the floor to get to the keel. You then need to remove the cap to get to the hardware blocks. It is a pain but not excessively time consuming or difficult. Removing the 40 odd bolts in the cap is the most tedious part. Hopefully the cap was not installed with sealant.

It sounds to me like one or more of the blocks has jammed. I wonder if the cap was installed with sealant in the past that is now clogging the blocks.
Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada