[Rhodes22-list] Thinking Ahead

Rhodes22 bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 10 22:56:17 EDT 2016

Joe:  I consider myself a "two left handed mechanic;" however, I had no problem removing the settee and the cap to get to the pendent on my original 1986 R22.   I found it an educational experience, and one that served me well as the years passed.  My problem was that the directing blocks had worn and bent with the help of barnacles.  It was easy to replace the blocks and the pendent not to mention the opportunity to clean out the barnacle and other debris that had built up over the years in the centerboard trunk.   The job, I called it "an adventure" at the time, took about six hours at a very leisurely pace.  I did not write down the exact year that I performed this chore but I believe the boat was about 15 or 16 years young (Think Stan!!!{:>).  I believe it was about four to one  purchase on the pendent and my Admiral was very happy that she was able to raise the centerboard without much effort.

And I should add, that we keep the boat in the water.

Bob in Stuart on the2010  R22 "NoKaOi 3"

Sent from my iPad