[Rhodes22-list] deck shape

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 20 19:25:00 EDT 2016

I am finally at the point in my restoration of Agile where am installing the
compression post and main bulkhead. However, it appears that the cabin top
has dropped by a full inch. I am left with the choice of either jacking up
the deck so that the compression post fits or cutting the post back to fit
the space. Does anyone know what the implications might be if I gradually
jack up the cabin top? Might I crack the deck? Obviously I should have
supported the cabin top when I removed the post but I didn't think it would
deform when there was no load on it.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will try to
rais the top very gradually and if that seems to require more than a
moderate force I will live with the missing inch and tell myself that I am
still growing.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada