[Rhodes22-list] Solar battery chargers

Joseph Doucet jadoucet at snet.net
Sun Aug 21 16:17:43 EDT 2016

Ok, we have a 50 w solar panel charging three 12 v, 40 amp-hr LiPo batteries that power the auxiliary motor. We use 3 separate controllers .

For the boat systems battery we have a 5 w panel and  just use a diode to prevent the battery from discharging at night.

For a 15 w system I recommend a controller to prevent overcharging and overnight discharge .

Joe with an R22 with no name

Sent from my iPhone