[Rhodes22-list] deck shape

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:29:52 EDT 2016

Graham:  Being the foolish and impatient type, i used my back, stood up under the top pressing my back into it and put a 4x4 post with a cloth over the top under it to support then tapped the compression post and bulkhead in place with a mallet.  Then i tapped out the 4x4 and the compression post was firmly in place.  Right or wrong, I didnt give it 2 minutes of though!  I was certain i had the base at the right height as i had made templates before i deconstructed the rotten base.  I just assumed the wide span of the fiberglass head liner was heavy and sagged.  My deck always remained rock solid.
Bob (palatka)