[Rhodes22-list] deck shape

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Aug 21 22:32:41 EDT 2016

bob:

Interesting. The deck seems rock solid to me as well - being cored with at
least 1" of plywood. I can't see any sign of sag. I am  thinking that the
drop occurred because the boat was spreading. The hull below the gunnels is
very then and flexible.I had also removed the rivets at the hull deck joint
which might have also allowed for some movement. Now the joint is secured
with fibreglass, rivets, bolts and screws so it is pretty solid and unlikely
to have any play.  I will try your hi-tech suggestion with my back as a lift
as it is more than unlikely that I could do any damage that way. If it looks
like it isn't budging I will shorten the compression post. As usual, I
appreciate your feedback.

As a precautionary tale to others who might need to remove their compression
post, it might be wise to prop up the cabin top first.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada