[Rhodes22-list] Heaving To

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 10:24:49 EST 2016

Welcome Jason!
Great choice on the boat!
The hull topsides shape makes heaving to a little different.
Have you let the main all the way out to leeward?  That helps me.  Blown out sails also catch more wind in a heave-to maneuver and causes you to drift more.  If you are having to repair or move about on deck while doing it i would rig a preventer on the boom end, in case she swings around in a puff.
Just mho.
Enjoy?
Save Christmas cash for new sails!

Bob (palatka)