[Rhodes22-list] Da List

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sun Feb 14 15:19:48 EST 2016

I'm glad to be a Rhodie.  So many passionate people debating the future of the list.   And 'all of us are right'  :)   The "General Boats Rhodes 22 FB page" is still up, so I added a test post.   My guess is Stan had it created at some point in the distant past, but hasn't actively used it as a business tool.   Anybody can easily post stories or photos if they wish.  So IMO no action is needed regarding FB.

It sounds like we will soon be getting updates about the new Rhodes list address and procedures.   The pool of all knowledge will be preserved.    Blessed be the pool and its guardian.

So will there still be a web landing page aside from Stan's?   Can it be updated with fresh photos?   Will there be a Rummy memorial montage?  I was lucky enough to get the Rummy welcome as I found this group and started checking out the Rhodes.   As a 'niche' boat, I only became aware of the class via a brief mention on a sailing chat group, discovering an archived discussion on google, then spending time on Stan and the group's page comparing it to Precision, Compac and the more numerous water ballast boats I could actually find on the water or visit at a used sailboat shop in Indy.   A year later, I'm dreaming of spring and planning my first trip.    Stan kept his guys fed another day.   A boat got returned to the water.  Everybody wins.   Perhaps other recent buyers will relate how they stumbled on our secret society.

One more thought for Stan.   Why don't you provide emails of buyers to the list, let us give them the welcome treatment?

Alex  Cole
Lark, still in her barn in Ohio.