[Rhodes22-list] Tex on Centerboard

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Fri Feb 19 17:00:09 EST 2016

Patrick
Another consideration.   Do you have one of Stan's custom made drive on trailers?   When Tivo (Stan's man) delivered my boat he cautioned me not to pull it too far forward on the trailer to avoid damaging the centerboard.  The bow stop is adjustable, and got moved around while the trailer was in storage.  Being cautious I didn't load far enough forward when I pulled out for winter layup.     Woops.   Insufficient tongue weight.    When Tivo came back last fall to install a forgotten Bimini, he told me the back of the deck house and grab rail should be about even with a single axle.    The first photo was when the pros loaded it.   The second with the building in back was my bad reloading when the marina closed for the season.  Stan, can you back me up on this??
I'll defer to Graham on the repair, but have filled hull / cockpit deck voids in the same manner on my old boat.   Your local veterinary clinic can help you out with the big syringes.
Alex Cole DVMUrbana OHSV Lark