[Rhodes22-list] New Kid On the Dock

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Wed Jan 27 00:35:58 EST 2016

Hey Gary,
            Yes, Rosalia is a very cool town.  The old marina is a thing of
the past.  No more tying up to a slip, self registering, grabbing a coldie
from the 'fridge and writing an IOU for it.  Darn.  Fonatur build a nice
marina on the south portion of the harbor.  I got some nice pictures of the
town and the old industrial copper smelting ruins.  Definitely you should
visit.

The crossing back to San Carlos across the sea was a delight.  Left early
am and motored for two hours until the wind settled down, coming from the
NW at  10-12 knots,  It was a big improvement from two days prior when it
was gusting to 34 knots and seas were over 8 feet.  Sailed for another 8
hours, averaging in the upper 5's often over 6 knots.  After that the winds
lessened as the sun went down we motored sailed for another 3 hours under a
full moon.  Made it into the marina by 9:30 and ran to the local restaurant
for a nice dinner.  Easy Peasy crossing.

I had a similar problem with my rudder and was able to layer on some cloth
and a bit of faring and it has held up well.  There are some real experts
on the list who can give you some detailed steps I am sure.  We really find
that moving the boat from one sailing venue to another, even over thousands
of miles, is really not a very big deal.  Just pull into a rest stop for
some rest or  an RV park if you are getting hints that a shower is over
due.   We have a week here in San Carlos before we go up to pick up the kid
so we should get the blog up dated as I mentioned before.  Good luck with
the boat, let me know how the sailing goes, spring is just around the
corner.

Chris