[Rhodes22-list] Anchoring

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Jul 3 00:56:26 EDT 2016

Has anyone found an anchor windlass or power winch that can store 100'
anchor rode suitable for a Rhodes 22?  Without spending crazy amounts of
money, all that I found were units made by Trac for under $200 but they only
come with 3/16" line which seems to be about half the diameter that I would
use.  It sure would be nice to deploy and recover an anchor at the bow from
the cockpit for single handling.  I currently set a stern rail mounted
Danforth when I do not have the time to walk to the bow to set the standard
issue anchor.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY