[Rhodes22-list] Drone video of Fretless

Olivier Hecht ohecht at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 6 12:13:51 EDT 2016

They might float for a few seconds before sinking but would be ruined by contact with water. There is a company that uses a "nano coating" to waterproof drones, but mine doesn't have that :(

It's not something I'd do regularly or casually but I had to try it. The drone gets boring quickly without interesting subject matter and this was too good to pass up. In the future, I'd probably launch and retrieve from anchor or while drifting with the sails furled...that should be very easy and the drone has a 20-25 minute flight time so there would be plenty of time to get the sails back out and get some nice shots.