[Rhodes22-list] bow light on pulpit

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 6 12:46:19 EDT 2016

A while back there was some discussion about putting the navigation lights on the bow pulpit. I recently found a way to do that relatively cheaply using the hardware shown in the attached pictures. Installation does not require welding of a mount to the pulpit and allows for the light to be rotated down out of the way when the mast is resting on the pulpit. The wiring is fed through a hole in the rail and down through the foot of the bow rail into the cabin V birth. It might not be the sturdiest arrangement and only time will tell whether this arrangement is adequate.

For those who have been aware of my endless restoration odyssey, you will be relieved to know that with  the nav light and deck hardware now installed I have finally finished the rebuild of the keel, windows, deck delamination and exterior of the boat. Now for the interior... I think the end is within sight.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada