[Rhodes22-list] Sailing right angles

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:22:08 EDT 2016

Curtis,

I have had the same experience racing with an IMF and diamond board model.
I'm pretty sure the -270 PHRF is for the hanked up main and centerboard
model.  My rankings only became decent when the RC subtracted another
minute; but still, the embarrassment remains of always arriving after the
keg is drained.

Mid-boom sheeting won't do you any good.  That is for a main with the foot
entirely attached to the boom.  Stan's bar between the back stays would
work better keeping the boom down and at the right angle.

If you can race with the spinnaker fleet wing-on-wing with an asymmetric
and genny, that could get you a first without the extreme handicap.  It
would be a $1000 pop to Doyle for an asymmetric called the UPS.

Rick