[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:24:24 EDT 2016

 Not sure about brakes, if you are in salt water twice yearly can't you hose
them off afterward  like a Cleveland car in spring?

This photo shows improper loading too far back, from the first time I pulled
her out last fall.   Insufficient tongue weight and scary sway at speeds
less then 50 mph resulted.  It also would teeter totter when I climbed the
swim ladder.   A delivery photo shows the single axle centered close to the
grab rail, behind the aft portlight.  When I tried to duplicate that it was
heavy on the tongue jack, bending it some when I tried to move it in the
drive like my little boat.  The boat trailered ok over 60 mph with the
explorer.   I cannot imagine my hull oil canning on this boat.

Perhaps others have tricks when ramp loading?   I had to circle around and
adjust the boat when I pulled out for my aborted 'cruise' this spring, but
it did drive much better so at least it was a successful test transport.

Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark