[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:00:16 EDT 2016

Amazing, a full diagram pops up within hours of the question, before I could
take a photo  of mine sitting in the weeds.

Thanks for calling this 'fairly well loaded' Rob.  I think it was actually
too far back, with the scary sway I described.   The bow V cradle couldn't
reach the bow for support.   T   It sounds like I should move the V cradle
forward and try to bring the boat close to it when loading, since it will
fall back when the stern stops floating.   Six more inches of keel forward
of the axle makes a huge difference in weight distribution.      I also seem
to have trouble with the bow eyelet snagging on the spare tire when it is
positioned correctly, until it is deep enough to finally float free.  My
prior sailboat trailer experience is my 500# buccaneer (won't drive on but
can be re-positioned on the hard), plus a friend's skiboats.  At least I
won't have to worry about the outdrive failing in the down position.

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark