[Rhodes22-list] Triad Trailer brakes and adjustments

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 20:57:45 EDT 2016

Brooks,
I am a former owner.  When I hauled in 2004 I neglected to rinse the brakes.
I didn't launch in 2005 because of the birth of my younger son.  By spring
of 2006, the brakes were rusted beyond ability to function, indeed almost
beyond recognition.  I had no choice other than to repair.  My trip to the
ramp was about 40 miles, much of it on the highway, and with a small tow
vehicle.

I replaced them with either the 10" or 12" "galvex" brake kits from Champion
Trailer Parts Supply http://www.championtrailers.com/ You could tell which
by measuring your current drums.  As best I can recall, they were 4 bolts on
the end of each axle.

While I was at it, I also replaced the brake lines (because I stepped on
one) and added a fresh water flushing kit (in hopes of keeping this set
longer).  It seemed to work.

It's not at all difficult if you are even a bit handy.  If you are not that
handy, do you know someone who is?

Good luck

Jim Connolly

Former owner