[Rhodes22-list] Gelcoat Repair/ New Headsail furling system

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Mar 22 15:07:29 EDT 2016

Graham,

Here is an example of a system that allows quick changes.  You'll notice
that the sail foil has two slots in it.  The sails will have a bead that
feeds into these slots.  The sail is hoisted like a traditional jib with a
halyard.  When you want to change sails you can start the new sail in the
tube, loosen the halyard to lower the current sail, move the halyard to the
new sail and then hoist away.  You'll also need to move the sheets as well
or have a 2nd set of sheets.

If you only need to change sails prior to setting out, then you can hoist
whatever you need calmly after dropping the existing sail.  This also
allows you to easily store your sail for extended times when you are not
sailing.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/harken--mkiv-unit-1-furler--8712648

Hank