[Rhodes22-list] GB furling system

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Tue Mar 22 22:28:57 EDT 2016

With all this talk for furlers, I wanted to ask if anyone else has a problem with their GB headsail furler getting tangled when letting out the sail? The line tends to get caught up under the drum, especially if I let out the sail to quickly. I was thinking of modifying it in order to try and keep the line from getting tangled under the drum. The plastic guide doesn't seem to be able to keep the line on the furler and it starts to get wrapped up under the furler which makes it impossible to furl in the sail without going forward to untangle it.

By the way, my IMF main is working like a millions bucks after I replaced my mainsail with a brand new Doyle. She furls and unfurls like a champ! My old sail was so blown out that it was getting bunched up when pulling out the sail.

Cheers,
Ted

S/V AIRPOWER
1991/2013 R22