[Rhodes22-list] GB furling system

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Thu Mar 24 10:50:17 EDT 2016

Peter:

It is not as hard as it sounds to handle both lines at the same time. All you really need to do is keep a bit of tension on the sheet so the sail does not flap itself to death or run out too quickly. Similarly when furling the sail some tension allows the sail to furl properly. The tension does not need to be constant or strong - just enough to maintain some control. Like many things with sailing, it is devilishly difficult to explain but becomes obvious as soon as you do it.

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976
Kingston Ontario Canada