[Rhodes22-list] Navigation lights

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Sat Mar 26 09:46:53 EDT 2016

Hey Joe,
             I  did a last minute replacement and indeed had the same
trouble with the space under the lens.  As a "temporary" fix to fit the
lights that I got, I made a teak ring that raised the fixture enough and
allowed me to use the replacement bulbs I had ordered.  Alas, I didn't have
enough teak for the other side so used some HDPE white plastic 3/4" thick.
I say alas as it got dark and I turned on the navigation lights for the
crossing I was surprised to see a white ethereal ring of light surrounding
the red port light.  Seems the HDPE transmits light nicely.  Another"
 temporary" fix with Gorilla tape is still working.  Gotta fix that some
day.

Chris G
Enosis
St. Pete, FL