[Rhodes22-list] Navigation lights

The Rhodes 22 Email List rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Mon Mar 28 21:57:52 EDT 2016

I would highly recommend buying new fixtures for the mast and steaming
lights. In my experience,the most common failure is corrosion on the
spring clip that holds the bulb ends keeps the electrons from flowing
freely to the bulb. It's not a big deal on the port,starboard,stern and
interior lights,you just wiggle the bulb and your good until the next
time. But the lights on the mast require a much longer and harder
reach,and if your not a trailer sailer, your access is limited. And,their
hard to check if it's not dark, and then its a little late. Just something
to chew on.

Jerry Lowe