[Rhodes22-list] Winter Storage

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:47:59 EST 2016

FWIW I have the Lark in a rented barn at the fairgrounds, on concrete.  I did
not jack up the trailer primarily because the rig is so heavy and I was
worried about putting pressure on the axle inboard of the Springholders
until April 1.    I figured tires were cheaper then an axle but may jack it
up next winter depending on responses here.   I have the single axle
version.

I do jack up my Buccaneer 18, which is a 500 pound boat on a lighter
trailer.   The benefit:   The trailer is a 1984, on its second set of tires.
The first set lasted over 20 years, with about 1000 miles of mostly local
runs each year.   It was stored outside on dirt part of the time, and inside
on concrete other years, depending on my situation.      It sees much less
use now.

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark