[Rhodes22-list] IMF safety modification

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Mon Sep 12 16:47:37 EDT 2016

I don’t find that the Bimini gets in the way of the pulling on the furling line, though it does make wrapping the line around the two cleats on the boom more difficult.  Unfurling is a different story.  To reach that line with the Bimini up, I need to stand on the aft cockpit seat, which I don’t consider particularly safe.  And wrapping the longer unfurling line around its pair of cleats on the end of a thrashing boom is pretty much always a PITA.

So I can see a real benefit to running the unfurling line up the boom to the mast.  Any additional details about how you rigged this would be appreciated.

As for manning the tiller, that’s what the tiller pilot is for.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1986/2016)