[Rhodes22-list] IMF safety modification

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 12 17:26:15 EDT 2016

The through boom cleat assembly for the outhaul
now used on newer R22s makes the operation a lot
quicker and handier though we never let the boom
thrash - always tried to control it with the
mainsheet. We got the assembly from Stan and
installed it ourselves as it wasn't available
when Fretless was recycled. I think we installed
it backwards, but it still worked great most of
the time - there was a slight tendency to jam but
it was easily freed - might not have jammed if
we'd installed it right.. I've attached a pic of
one similar. Didn't have a picture of ours.

Mary Lou
ex R22 Fretless