[Rhodes22-list] Hull Construction

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Apr 17 22:06:51 EDT 2017

I installed my transducer in the Lazaret just in front of the cockpit drain through hull fitting to avoid turbulence using kitchen/bath caulk to secure it to the hull.  This permits moving the transducer and reinstalling if the position is not ideal and without any holes. Works just fine.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: Chris Cowie Monday, April 17, 2017 9:43 PM
I installed a transducer in the Lazaret that does not require cutting a hole in the boat.  Works fine.  It connects direct to my Garmin fish finder.  Why cut any more holes in the boat than you need to?