[Rhodes22-list] Driving information

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 09:36:41 EDT 2017

Elle,

Concur with Bob Allen directions.

Are you taking car to Nantucket? If so, be advised need reservations well in advance most of the time. If not, recommend high speed passenger ferry (cuts trip from ~2 1/2  hours to about one hour).  Two lines to choose from. Schedules are very similar. Steamship Authority is cheaper, but Hy-Line has more convenient on-site parking at their terminal and (I've heard) has a new reserved parking spot option since I was there last summer. Ferry docks for each are across the harbor from each other in Hyannis but just a few piers apart on Nantucket.

If not taking a car, both high speed ferry lines allow bikes onboard. Bikes also easy to rent on Nantucket.

My $0.02

Jim Connolly