[Rhodes22-list] Annapolis Sailboat Show - Oct 5- 9

marlangreen at gmail.com marlangreen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:07:38 EDT 2017

Dear Rhodies,

Since this is the last year that Stan will be showing the Rhodes 22 at the
Annapolis Show (that's still the case, right?), I wonder if it would be
possible to organize a gathering for all of us and Stan to meet, socialize
and just do what sailors do - tell stories.

I know that in the past Rhodies have met one another by hanging out with
Stan and the boats and that there have also been informal gatherings away
from the actual show.

This year could we choose a time and location in advance for a gathering?

Would it be possible to arrange something for Friday or Saturday evening?

I live in the DC metro area and my boat is south of Annapolis. I'm willing
to help organize this. Would anyone else be willing to help? I don't think
I can do it alone.

I suspect that the biggest challenge will be finding a venue/restaurant
that could accommodate us. It might be possible to find an outdoor location
like a public park but then there is the risk of unfriendly weather.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Do you think it is something you would attend?

Are you willing to help me pull it together?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. If no one wants to do this I'll let it
slide.

If there is a Rhodie near Annapolis who might know of a venue or location
please contact me. Better still -- is there a Rhodie in the Annapolis area
who could host at their home?   :-)

Thanks

Marlan Green
s/v Nautisaurus