[Rhodes22-list] Boom Vang Mast Attachment

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:49:22 EDT 2017

I love it.    My primary sailing is single handed in small water with land
affect, so a preventer scares me    I think I'd test the fuse often so I've
just been holding the boom down.   My solo sailing is with the top down
anyway unless the wind is light, and if the wind is light I sometimes take
the Bucc 18 out since it planes  quickly solo but overpowers fast.   Your
vang would work well for me.   Is the strap a Kayak strap or something
heavier?    What did you mount to the boom?    It looks like its just 4:1?

Its not the half knot, though I had fun 'racing' a force 5 Saturday.   Of
course he was just playing with me, but  I did let out a little more jib
then prudent with a dozing girlfriend so I could pace him.   Its not the
Catalina 22 that goes out in heavy with a crew of three and shows the
advantage of rail meat and his iron lifting keel (but somehow I keep
pointing better).   Its just the fact I hate bad sail shape.

Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark