[Rhodes22-list] Boom Vang Mast Attachment

William Scarpitta tryc96 at ymail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:51:54 EDT 2017

Hi All,
I rigged my boom vang using the usual bail on the boom, but instead of a bail on the mast which would prevent using the pop top, I used two pieces of heavy webbing (seat belt material would work too) with a grommet on one end and a D ring on the other.  I attached the grommet ends to the mast base by using a slightly longer bolt through the tabernacle and just attach the end of the vang to both D rings when the vang is needed.  When the vang is not needed, the two straps can be just pushed out of the way and the pop top works fine.   I estimate the materials cost at about five dollars.
Billy ScarpittaSandpiper, 1996 R22North Fort Myers FL