[Rhodes22-list] Lost My Headstay and Furler

Curtis Ruck ruckc at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 20:04:17 EDT 2017

Peter,

You had a T-Bolt attachment at the masthead.

Most likely you would need to get a new forestay run up through the CDI
furler with a new T-Bolt swaged fitting.  Something like this...

I just redid my backstays, and I used swageless Hayn Hi-Mod Compression Eye
, but this was done at the chainplate, so repair would be much simpler in
case of failure.

I'd recommend a professional replacing the forestay as swaging presses are
typically outside normal price ranges, but if your feeling adventurous....
You could replace your forestay yourself with replacement 1x19 T316 1/8"
stainless cable and Hayn Hi-Mod Compression fittings on both ends.  Since
you have the entire cable, measuring for length would be trivial, and
replacing it would be ~$150 between cable, fittings, and shipping, and
about an hours worth of work.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?name=hayn-toggle-jaw&path=-1|118|2358509|2358515&id=78887

https://theriggingco.com/2016/11/14/mechanical-or-swage/
https://www.amazon.com/ArkHardware-Stainless-Steel-Commercial-Marine/dp/B015HMRV70/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1502755210&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=1x19%2B1%2F8%2BT316&th=1