[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Spain 8-14-16

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 04:57:00 EDT 2017

Not much in the way of sailing subjects to report here.  Did get a quote to
haul, paint, store for 9 months and launch here in Livorno and it was
around $2000.  Not so cheap.  Some real horror stories from some Italian
sailors of the cost of the upscale marinas.  Having a small boat is no
advantage as they charge for the slip a minimum of 10m.  $200 to $500 a
night!  Jeez.  Definitely going to either anchor off or cuddle up with the
fishing boats if I can talk my way in.  Should be more boat talk coming up
around the 25th.

Chris Geankoplis
Enosis