[Rhodes22-list] ST1000 installation

peter at sunnybeeches.com peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Feb 17 12:22:05 EST 2017

I did this last summer.  You probably already have Bill Wickman's PDF
that shows how did it, but just in case, I'll attempt to attach a copy.

With this in hand, the installation went smoothly.

Bill states that in the place where he drilled the hole for the pin
the fiberglass was thick enough that no additional bracing was needed.
  On my boat the fiberglass was less than 1/4" thick at that location,
so I backed it up with a 3/4 block of wood epoxied in place.

Also, at the place where you drill the hole the fiberglass is not
quite horizontal.  Drill the hole perpendicular to the surface rather
than vertical.  This will make the top of the pin sit flush, which
will look better.

I think you'll enjoy your new toy.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT