[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Waterproofing response to Rick

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Feb 21 14:06:01 EST 2017

Jay,

Any of your contributions will be welcome on the list as long as I am
responsible the list.  Your thoughts, and those of others, are all welcome.
The intent was originally to mimic an atmosphere of a sailor's watering
hole.  Some will always attempt to speak louder than others.  I simply ask
that we not "bully" others.  Forcing someone to exit the list is certainly
not a desired behavior.

You are definitely right that others have been overly critical of your
ideas, some going so far as to say that you are "incorrect" if you do not
agree with them.  This, unfortunately, occurs much of the time in a forum
where everyone is an "expert" and offers their comments in an effort to
"convert" those who have reached a different conclusion.  I can only ask
that we think a bit more before clicking the "send" button.

If you choose to leave, may you experience fair winds and following seas and
non-flooded cockpits.  If, as I hope, you will decide to regularly publish
your ideas, I can assure you that I have no intent to censure or stifle your
posts.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY