[Rhodes22-list] Boom Pin

William Scarpitta tryc96 at ymail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:52:39 EST 2017

My apologies to Rob, Scott Mary Lou, Rick and John for muddying the waters.  I was not talking about the pull pin that goes into two different holes to position the boom.  I have had similar sudden lowering as you are discussing, with sometimes funny, sometimes frightening results.  Rather, I was referencing the bolt that attaches the gooseneck to the plastic piece inside the boom (part of the IMF roller furling mechanism).  Mine was just threaded into the black plastic, and (possibly aided by my boom vang) pulled out, stripping the threads.  This is the bolt that I replaced with a longer one allowing the use of a lock nut on the other side of the plastic.  Sorry for the confusion.
Billys/v Sandpiper, 1996 R-22Marinatown, Fort Myers, FL