[Rhodes22-list] Boom pin photo

Dennis mcneelyd at site-solutions.com
Thu Feb 23 12:44:29 EST 2017

Rob -

Freud would have a field day with this response, but here's my story...

My pin wasn't quite long enough to engage the hole in the mast securely,
and the hole for the pin in the plastic piece had gotten a bit loose and
sloppy over the years, allowing the pin to tip under load and slide out
of the hole in the mast occasionally. The loud crash and subsequent
repair to the pop top led me to hunt for a new pin, and a long last I
found the piece by searching for "plunger pin ring" at
https://www.zoro.com . More specifically, I went with the pin at
https://www.zoro.com/innovative-components-plunger-pin-ring-1-in-58-11-044-3jcy7/i/G2486522/
.

I had to drill, countersink, and tap the plastic to insert the new pin,
but at long last, the pin and the hole are happy with one another. The
boom won't move anymore - unless I want it to.

Best of luck -

Dennis
Magic Moments
just a few degrees warmer...