[Rhodes22-list] mast lighting

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Feb 23 11:59:06 EST 2017

I've got the mast off my boat and was looking at the lighting on it.  I've got a light half way up my mast (streaming light?) but no lights at all at the top (all around light?).  I've got only one set of wires (plus and minus) going up the mast.  I'd like to either replace the mid mast light or move a new light to the top of the mast.  What do others have and what is recommended/required.  My desire is to be legal at night anchoring out.  West Marine provides this info. Thanks - rob

https://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/Navigation-Light-Rules