[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 towed to Florida

rbeytagh rbeytagh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:59:29 EST 2017

Sorry it seems that only the pics came through. Here is the report:

I have have just had the pleasure of helping Amy Watson-Reese take her 1982
R22 from Lake Barkley Kentucky to its new home in Port St Joe Florida.
Quite an eventful journey with the take-out in Kentucky done in freezing wet
weather and a dicky* out-board so we had to sail most of the 1 mile trip
from her slip to the take out ramp.

En route we had to get her lifted so we could do a bottom job before
launching her into the briny Gulf. We were delayed 2 days as the yard had to
shut down due to tumultuous rain storms. We eventually got her launched and
with the board-still playing up, we short-tacked into the marina and to her
slip like real pros.

Amy has been a lurker on the R22 blogs for awhile, but has been reluctant to
post questions at the risk of appearing trivial.  I really admire her
determination to get her boat back into tip-top shape again and I am sure
all the blog contributors will be more that willing to add their 2 cents
worth.

*Dicky is english for $@%^ out-board

-----
Richard Beytagh