[Rhodes22-list] Cabin hatch lock

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 14:55:11 EDT 2017

Hey Peter,
               There was a mm or so slop in mine too that I installed
yesterday.  I use some 3/4" heat shrink sleeve  (for electrical
connections) cut to length.  I first wrapped the lock barrel with a piece
of alum coke can material to prevent the thermal glue on the sleeve from
interfering with the locking pin at the bottom of the side of the barrel.
This both eliminated the slop and sealed the lock from much of the weather
so it is nice and tight.  Didn't figure out about the glue problem the
first time around. (sheepish grin).

Chris Geankoplis