[Rhodes22-list] Sail tearing

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 21:36:01 EDT 2017

Rhodies:
     Last year, Stan gave me a great deal on a used IMF.  The original took a ride on strong winds and tore to pieces.  The fit is a bit different than the one replaced in that is has a larger exposed section on sunbrella.  Now, the replacement sail is tearing on a bottom to top line which looks to be where it was folded in storage. Here's my question:  Can I mend this with sail tape?  I hate the thought of taking it off the boat and having it mended by stitching.    say la veee, right? (phonetic expression) Thanks for your advice.
Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
Bohemia River, MD