[Rhodes22-list] ST 1000 tiller pilot mounting question

thebooker bridges.brooks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:21:22 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've installed the tiller pilot in the same location as other installations
I've seen on the list - a few inches inboard from the port stern cleat -
about as far inboard as I could go.

I've got the 6" extension which I thought was the max.

Absolutely love it!  You can't imagine the freedom it gives a single hander.
I'm calling mine "Sally" and she steers far more consistently than I do. And
she doesn't complain about sitting out in the sun while I'm in shade under
bimini.

But, mounting really needs to be 3" or 4" more inboard to move tiller
equally in both directions. Right now it occasionally runs out of travel
attempting to turn boat to stbd.

As at least two others seem to have mounted theirs as I have,  I'm puzzled
as to why no one has said they had this problem.

I have the adapter which will allow mounting  on a near vertical surface but
before I do that, wanted to check in with other users.

Brooks Bridges
"Changes"

-----
Brooks Bridges