[Rhodes22-list] Ethanol problems

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 10:11:45 EDT 2017

Hi Susan,

I don't use a stabilizer because I have a diaphragm carburetor and I use my
motor at least weekly.  Stabilizing gasohol is a common problem, so every
marine supply and gas dock has something for it.  Also, others on this
thread have suggested products they have found effective.

If by old, you mean your motor is more than 15 years old, then you should
check that your mechanic has replaced everything besides the carburetor
that is exposed to fuel.  Although usually not a problem with outboards,
especially old two cycles, there could be an old seal or gasket the ethanol
is dissolving.

Rick