[Rhodes22-list] Vertical Batten.

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jun 25 09:05:37 EDT 2017

Alex are you sure the velcro isn't folded back on itself? That happened
in ours and it was difficult to work it back out. If I recall correctly,
and it's been a few years, there is a flap of velcro that comes down out
of the pocket. You insert the batten and work the velcro around the base
of it back up into the pocket. I think the loop of line is supposed to
go around that flap to help help you take the batten (or the flap) out.
Seems to be I needed a dull bladed dining knife to help me work it out,
but as I say, it's been quite a while.

There's a diagram from Lee sails that I think is similar to ours on the
Doyle sail.
http://www.leesails.com/velcro.htm

Hope this addresses your problem.
Mary Lou