[Rhodes22-list] Broken outhaul car

JP Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Fri Jun 30 17:00:00 EDT 2017

I've just read this thread. God, are they hard to follow! Especially, when
the attachments either don't open or are simply not there! After all of the
discussion, I cannot determine how the outhaul should be rigged. Attached is
photo of Respite's outhaul rigging. Note that the car has some sort of tang
arrangement on the aft end. I don't know what that's for. Also both acting
and standing lines of the outhaul are roved through the block on the car and
then to a swivel block on the clew where the active line returns through the
car and to another block on the aft end of the boom thru another block to
the cam cleat on the bottom of the boom.  Can someone tell me if this is the
correct rigging?  Respite is a 1989 recycled by GB in 2005.
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/n53425/Respite_Outhaul.jpeg>

-----
JP Dempsey
s/v Respite