[Rhodes22-list] news

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Mar 22 15:47:56 EDT 2017

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support.  Hosting the list is a
labor of love, as John Lock will tell you, since he has much more experience
than I.

Most of the spam is automatically caught by filter scripts leaving me to
"enjoy" reading about purchasing some fantastic stock deal, buying life
insurance from an unknown company, meeting a young lady who wants to show me
photos that will explain why she is interested in an aging Rhodie,
augmenting a body part to will surely impress my partner beyond belief or
any other unbelievable offers by a creative spammer who has avoided my
filters.  Why anyone would open, read and respond to such a ridiculous waste
of electrons is beyond me.

March marks the end of my first year of hosting the rhodes22.org site and
list. We have been using a "free tier" Amazon Web Services host which seems
to work fairly well. The "free" portion is due to end this month. The costs
to date have been $0.88 per month to regularly backup the site (nearly
free). I have happily contributed to our cause. I will see what the costs
rise to as we move into April. I do not expect the costs to be very
significant and will continue to sponsor the list as long as I am able.

Please accept my sincere thanks to all of you who have made my sailing
experiences more enjoyable as part of this wonderful community of Rhodies,
former Rhodies, future Rhodies (wannabees) and just plain nice folk who will
wait for a gust of wind if only to move a few feet on the water.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY