[Rhodes22-list] location of holding tank vent

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Wed May 24 20:43:43 EDT 2017

I am at the last stage of installing a new head and holding tank in my boat.
The only thing left to do is to install the vent. Can anyone tell me where
the holding tank vent is located? Before repairing my deck it was located at
the peak of the foredeck. As it turned out water got into the deck core
around the vent and I would like to avoid that possibility this time around.
I am inclined to locate it below the gunnels or perhaps on the transom. I
don't know if there is any particular reason to avoid either location or
where the vent is located on newer boats. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
 Graham

Graham Stewart
Agile. R22, 1976