[Rhodes22-list] rigging my Rhodes

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Tue Oct 24 07:25:00 EDT 2017

In the humble opinion of the GB engineering department, this system is
100% wrong./*
*/
One of the advantages of a loose footed sail is the ease and degree of
draft setting it allows. However you do not want drat setting to take
the sail out of its being in the same plane as its boom.  To do so would
depreciate the value of the traveler in pointing. Therefore setting up
the connection of the main sail to the out-haul car so this distance
from said car to the sail is variable, is undesirable.

With the GB system the sail is "hard wired" (is fixed) to the out-haul
car so that no matter what draft is set in the sail by your positioning
of the out-haul car, the sail remains in the same plane as the boom.
This makes the traveler a much more efficient aid in pointing ability.

The GB new traveler system invention, with its single endless push or
pull control line that requires no cleating, therefor allowing for
comfortable use of the traveler regardless of the captain's preferred
port or starboard perch, encourages the use of a traveler for so much
better sailing performance.

A valuable upgrading for any Rhodes not already having a GBTSI: $495 for
non C of S community members.  $395 for C of S sailors.

stan

**/*

*/